Product: Tanita RD953 Bluetooth Smart Scale Body Composition Monitor http://
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon
Weighing Capacity: 200kg
Weight: 2.1 kg
Dimensions: 29.8 x 32.8 x 3.2cm
Guarantee: 5 Year Warranty
In the fight against the extra weight, we all need an ally. And the best ally I’ve found is the Tanita Body Fat Scale.
I used to hate the idea of weighing myself but now I do it every morning. If you are trying to lose the extra pounds, it is important to weigh yourself regularly. It helps to keep yourself in check and it allows you to see what’s working and what is not. At least, that’s how it is with normal scales. But Tanita RD953 does so much more!
This wonder scale is one of the best inventions of the 21st century. Tanita doesn’t only show you your weight (in kg or lbs, however you prefer), but it also shows you 10 other measurements through the “My Tanita App” (which is available for both Android and iPhone):
- Body Fat Percentage: that’s the proportion of fat to the total body weight. I don’t know how they do it but having that kind of information readily available to you is incredible
- Total Body Water: it would seem that it’s the percentage of water content in the body composition. It’s a good one to keep an eye on, as adequate water can booast the body’s ability to burn fat, which increases the metabolic rate of healthy men and women
- Muscle Mass: that’s the total muscle weight and it’s a good one to check if your aim is to burn fat and build muscle. As your muscle mass increases, the rate at which you burn energy increases, which accelerates your basal metabolic rate
- Muscle Quality: indicates the “quality (state) of muscle” which changes according to factors such as age and fitness
- Physique Rating: it assesses muscle and body fat levels and rates the result as one of nine body types
- Bone Mass: predicted weight of bone mineral in your body. You should track it over time and look for any long term changes
- Basal Metabolic Rate: the amount of energy your body burns at rest on a daily basis, aka the number of calories required to keep your body function while you are not doing any physical activities
- Metabolic Age: calculated by comparing your BMR to the average of your chronological age group. If your metabolic age is higher than your actual age, you need to improve your metabolic rate through increased exercise
- Body Mass Index: standardized ratio of weight and height, used as a general indicator of health. You could calculate that one yourself by dividing your weight in kilograms by the square of your height in meters
- Visceral Fat: located deep in the core abdominal area, sorrounding and protecting the vital organs. It’s incredibly important to keep that one in check, as it’s not visible like the body fat but maintaining a healthy level can reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
Conclusion: Tanita RD953 is the Scale to Choose!
While it might seem that all scales are the same, this one really beats the rest. It’s a one-time expense that is worth the investment but you can’t really tell until you’ve tried it. So stop hesitating and get yours today!